Dr. Sondra Thiederman is one of the nation’s leading experts on unconscious bias and workplace inclusion issues. As President of a San Diego based training firm, Sondra has more than 25-years’ experience as a speaker, trainer, and author helping professionals in Fortune 500 companies, public sector organizations, and dozens of associations find ways to successfully navigate our increasingly-diverse workplaces.
Since receiving her doctorate with an emphasis on cross-cultural studies from UCLA, Sondra has helped hundreds of organizations develop solutions to their unconscious bias and diversity/inclusion challenges. Among her clients are such leading organizations as Sodexo, Xerox Corporation, The Boeing Company, FedEx Corporation, Pfizer Pharmaceuticals, Marriott Corporation, Century 21 Real Estate, American Express, The Federal Reserve Bank, Motorola, and AT&T. She has also served as consultant to the University of California and the American Cancer Society and has served on the Diversity Cabinet of the American Red Cross. Most recently, she has served as an Expert Panelist for O’Mara and Richter’s Global Diversity and Inclusion Benchmarks: Standards for Organizations Around the World.
Sondra has extensive media experience including mention in such national publications as The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, The Los Angeles Times, and U.S.A Today. She is published in professional journals ranging from T&D to Real Estate Today to Association Management, has written on diversity for the web site Monster.com, and is the author of six books on diversity-related topics including:
- Profiting in America’s Multicultural Marketplace: How to Do Business Across Cultural Lines
- Bridging Cultural Barriers for Corporate Success: How to Manage the Multicultural Workforce
- Getting ‘Culture Smart’: Ten Strategies for Making Diversity Work
- Making Diversity Work: Seven Steps for Defeating Bias in the Workplace
- The Diversity and Inclusion Handbook
- 3 Keys to Defeating Unconscious Bias: Watch, Think, Act