Scott McKain creates captivating presentations and bestselling books which clearly reveal how to create more compelling connections between you and your customers and how to stand out and move up, regardless of the economic climate in your industry.
Scott McKain’s calling is business – and his passion is platform presentations. He is a unique combination of vast speaking experience and new, cutting-edge information. His presentations benefit from three decades of experience, combined with his innate talent for articulating successful ideas. McKain has spoken before and consulted for the world’s most influential corporations.
Social Media in Action
In today’s Facebook/Twitter/social media world, a dissatisfied customer now has a platform to broadcast his or her opinions regarding your organization to the world instantaneously. In this environment, it’s never been more important to understand and execute the steps necessary to create the “ultimate customer experience.” McKain is one of about 150 living members of the Professional Speakers Hall of Fame. He was also recently recognized by Social Media Marketing Magazine as one of the fifty most influential marketing authors on Twitter and GenJuice, a leading resource for emerging professionals, and as one of the “Top 25” people for Gen Y and Millennial leaders to follow on Twitter.
There are a myriad of choices in the marketplace for prospects and customers seeking the products and services of your industry. So, how does your organization – and the professionals who work with you – stand out from the plethora of competitors?
McKain takes a revolutionary approach showing how organizations and individual professionals create differentiation in the marketplace. His latest book, “ICONIC: How Organizations and Leaders Attain, Sustain, and Regain the Highest Level of Distinction” was released to rave reviews from the most influential executives and thought leaders in the world. His previous release, “Create Distinction,” (an expanded and revised release of bestselling book, “Collapse of Distinction” – named by thirty major newspapers as one of the “Ten Best Business Books” of the year) reached the number one spot on Amazon.com’s list of business bestsellers.
McKain has appeared multiple times as a commentator on FOX News to discuss business, politics, and American culture. In his earlier career as a broadcast journalist, two million people saw his commentaries each week on 80 television stations in the United States, Canada, and Australia. He has also been a news anchor for a CBS-TV affiliate in one of the nation’s 25 largest markets.
McKain has been named as a “Hoosier Hero” in his home state because of his commitment to youth and philanthropy He was selected by Arnold Schwarzenegger to be the emcee and speaker for the Great American Workout, held on the White House lawn with the President in the audience carried live on CNN and NBC’s “Today” show. He also portrayed the villain in a film by internationally esteemed director Werner Herzog, acclaimed by critic Roger Ebert as one of the “best movies” ever made.
Business & Philanthropy Experience (Current & Former)
- Board of Officers and Directors of a half-million member educational organization
- Board of Directors of National Safety Council
- Board of Directors of a multi-million dollar charitable foundation
- Board of Directors of public and private companies
- Founder & Owner of a business that has grown into an annual seven-figure sales organization
- Clients include the world’s leading companies such as Intel, State Farm, Re/MAX, Dow, and hundreds more
- Founder & Owner of a training company with a multi-million dollar interactive online platform
- Clients include the world’s most progressive corporations including BMW, Bank of America, ING (India), Juniper Networks, and many more
- Director of Public Affairs and Annual Fund for Franklin College of Indiana
- Gifts to funds doubled Broadcasting & Entertainment
- Played the role of the villain in Werner Herzog’s “Stroszek,” named by famed film critic Roger Ebert as one of the fifty “Great Movies” in the history of the cinema
- “Boston Globe” named Scott’s primary scene as the “most memorable moment” in all of film in the world for the year
- Internationally syndicated commentator on eighty television stations for a decade
- News anchor for CBS affiliate in one of the USA’s top twenty-five markets
- Quoted by, or subject of articles in, The New York Times, USA Today, and The Wall Street Journal
- Appearances on FOX News, CNN, NBC’s “Today” Show
- “ICONIC: How Organizations and Leaders Attain, Sustain, and Regain the Highest Level of Distinction” released by Forefront Books/Simon & Schuster
- “Create Distinction: What to Do When ‘Great’ Isn’t Good Enough to Grow Your Business” — named one of the “Top Ten Business Books of the Year” by Miami Herald, Sacramento Bee, New Orleans Times-Picayune, Huffington Post, and twenty-five other major publications
- (original title: “Collapse of Distinction: Stand Out and Move Up While Your Competition Fails”)
- “7 Tenets of Taxi Terry: How Every Employee Can Create and Deliver The Ultimate Customer Experience” released by McGraw-Hill
- Other works include: “What Customers REALLY Want,” “ALL Business is Show Business.”