Dr. Chris Kuehl provides forecasts and strategic guidance for a wide variety of corporate clients around the world. He is the chief economist for several national and international organizations – Fabricators and Manufacturers Association, National Association of Credit Management, American Supply Association, Chemical Coaters Association International and others. He is the economic analyst for several state accounting societies – Missouri, Kentucky, Tennessee, Kansas, North Carolina, Minnesota, Oklahoma and others.
Prior to starting Armada in 1999 he was a professor of economics and finance for 15 years – teaching in the US, Hungary, Russia, Estonia, Singapore and Taiwan. He holds advanced degrees in economics, Soviet studies and East Asian studies.
Chris is the author of Business Intelligence Briefs and contributes to the Black Owl Report – both publications from Armada. He is also responsible for the Credit Manager’s Index from NACM and Fabrinomics from the FMA.
• Managing Director of Armada Corporate Intelligence. Armada performs the functions of a strategy office for clients through combining the traditions of corporate and competitive intelligence, economic forecasting and strategic planning. The aim is to inform strategic planning through analysis and forecasting.
• Major clients include YRC Freight, C-Biz, Kansas City Southern Railroad, Echo Logistics, UHY, and several associations
• Chief Economist for the Fabricators and Manufacturers Association. He writes Fabrinomics twice a month and serves as economic commentator at all of their national and international meetings.
• Chief Economist for the National Association of Credit Management. He prepares their monthly Credit Managers Index – a national survey of credit and financial movement and serves as economic analyst and commentator for their various meetings and conferences
• Red Team economist for US Army, US Marines, US Air Force and the US Border Patrol
• Economic Analyst for several state accounting societies – Missouri, Kentucky Tennessee, Kansas, Oklahoma, North Carolina, Minnesota, North Dakota and Wisconsin,
• Economic analyst for the Industrial Heating Equipment Association and the Chemical Coaters Association International where he prepares the monthly IHEA/CCAI Economic Trends Index
• Economic Analyst for the Riemer Reporting Service
• Editor and publisher of Business Intelligence Briefs. The publication provides information on national and regional political and economic trends that affect business decisions and is distributed through various business organizations.
• Seminar presenter and keynote speaker for a wide variety of business organizations and corporate events.
• Holds a Ph.D in Political Economics and Masters Degrees in Soviet Studies and in East Asian Studies.
• Held the position of Elizabeth Harvey Rhodes Chair of International Business for Baker University from 1990 to 1995. Has been visiting faculty at Tartu University in Estonia, Budapest University of Economic Sciences in Hungary, Ming Chuan College in Taiwan, Moscow University in Russia and the University of Singapore in Singapore. Was on the faculty of Avila College from 1987 to 1990 and has been adjunct faculty for 11 colleges and universities since 1986.